Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Automatically attach images side by side

Community Beginner ,
Jan 22, 2023 Jan 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I want to be able to attach multiple images side by side automatically, just added not merged in any way.

I have about 1000 images cropped to 2 pixels wide x 1080 high and want to finish with all of them as one image 2000 x 1080. Is this possible please and if so then how could it be done?

Thanks

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Best way would be a script. You might try the load into stack feature. Then expand your canvas to your desired size, put the last layer loaded in the far position, then use align. I not sure, but I think PS will take the layers in order that they are loaded and space them. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Beat me to it! 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello John!

Can you be a bit more specific about what you are trying to achive?

for example: are the images have to be in a particular order? and I'll probably have a few other questions.

One thing I would try and provided that all the images don't need to be in a particular order and in the same folder (easy enough) would be to use the command "Script">" load files into stack"

Imaginerie_0-1674395854732.png

choose the folder and all the files will load into the same document. Then, you'll have place the 1st one on the right of your canvas, the last one on the right and choose the "distribute" option (distribute vertically).

Imaginerie_1-1674395976877.png

so all the tiny strips will arrange themselves onto the canvas.
Obviously, you'll have to compute the exact size of your canvas so the strips take exactly the right amount of space (2px X 1000 files in width in the example you provided)

Let me know if that makes sense...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 23, 2023 Jan 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Chuck and Imaginerie,

Yes it makes sense, I managed to get it to mostly work following your help. But I wasnt sure how to resize for the final image. After some experimenting I copied all the layers in the stacked file and pasted them onto the final sized image and then followed as you suggested and distributed them. That gave me the basics of what I needed so

I can probably achieve what I want to do, thanks.

But they do need to be in order so if you know how to do that it would make it easier.

As an example and to make it simpler assume the images are 1 pixel wide and 1080 high, with 1920 in total, so the final image will be 1920 x 1080. 

Thanks

John

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On the top of my head, the images will load and arrange themselves the correct way if you either select them one by one in that order (yes that would be tedious given the number), or if they are incrementally named in the folder (if you select folder in the load into stack option).

I tested that a while ago with a small number of files, so I assume it would be the same with a large number, but we never know. It's up to you to indicate the order one way or the other (either by shift-click, selecting the files in order, or having them renamed alphabetically to reflect the order you want them in). I suggest you run a test on a limited amount of files, not to embark in a lenghy trial.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 24, 2023 Jan 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes I`ll be experimenting with sequential naming etc.

I`m pretty sure I can get it to work easily now once I understand how the layers are treated by photoshop.

Thanks for your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 25, 2023 Jan 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Glad it helped!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This could be scripted if there is ongoing need.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 24, 2023 Jan 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, I`ll let you know if its needed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines