Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Automatically disable layer mask mode

New Here ,
Nov 06, 2022 Nov 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have a problem with selecting/deselecting layer masks. Normally I use the shortcut key "Alt + click on layer mask" to make the layer mask visible in black/white, this works fine, but when I then click on the thumbnail of the layer image it automatically switched out of the layer mask mode, but this doesn't work now anymore. When I do this now it show the image with a red mask overlay and it stays in a mask modus! When I switch between different layers that have a mask attached, it shows the image with that particular mask in red overlay. The visiblity "eye" in front of  all the layers look dimmed and the only way to go out the mask modus looks to be Alt + click on a mask or click on a layer without a mask. I use photoshop release  24.0.0 and in release 23.5.1 on my laptop it switches automatically out of the mask modus when I click on the image thumbnail. Any idea how to get rid of this red overlay ?

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Contributor ,
Nov 06, 2022 Nov 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It seems the behavior of mask overlay changed. You can also hide red overlay by hiding mash channel in Channels palete 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines