• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Automation plugin, accessing documents info, layers, hierarchies.

Engaged ,
Apr 18, 2022 Apr 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey

I'm trying to access all my documents in my ps session & perform some actions on layers/hierarchies. Get hierarchy of each document with group/layer/adjustment info etc etc.

How can I do it in the automation plugin?

I've looked at sdk docs/etc but I can't find info there on it.

I found out that a filter (Poor Man's Type) can access some of the document data but it's not really what I need.

When I tried to cast my message->d.globals into a similar struct, I get null, it's a null either way.

Pinging @Tom Ruark as he mentioned here > https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop-ecosystem-discussions/export-plugin/m-p/1461128/thread-id/4... that its the right tool to go with.

I want to show/hide layers/ copy between docs/save document as psb/psd/jpg/etc/etc/etc. 

Regards

Dariusz

TOPICS
SDK

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Apr 18, 2022 Apr 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just curious, why have you chosen this path over scripting?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Apr 19, 2022 Apr 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hey

Because eventually, I will need pixel access of layers to perform some drawing/etc/etc and going with c++ is more efficient to make than scripts. Ideally, I would love to have some kind of object-based access like in javascript app/app.activedocument/etc/etc. But I don't see that here yet. 

Atm it seems like I can use action descriptor/reference to get stuff, but that feels backward in c++... I should just be able to get ptr to object or something. Or at least that's what I would like to see... well see what is what over the coming weeks.

In any case, any1 any ideas on how to get documents/layers/groups/etc out of c++ ? The automation plugin seems to use action description/ref to get some document info... not really the ReadImageDocumentDesc object...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines