Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

AutoRecovery not working, folder does not exist in Library

Community Beginner ,
Jun 25, 2022 Jun 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mac OS 12.4, M1 Ultra. PS 23.4.1

I've had 2 crashes without auto recovery. It's set-up in prefs to auto-save every 10 mins. I re-installed PS and changed to 5 mins, turned off PSD & PSB file compression. Still don't see the folder in the Library.

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Jun 26, 2022 Jun 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, the folder would be in this path: ~/Library/Application Support/Adobe/Adobe Photoshop <version>/AutoRecover 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 26, 2022 Jun 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If photoshop doesn't save anything in here, maybe you could have some issue with file permissions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 27, 2022 Jun 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @JGrande555, sorry to hear this. I'm not seeing any submitted crash reports from you in our system. If you haven't done so already, please submit all Crash Reports along with your email address: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/submit-crash-reports.html That will help us diagnose the crash. 

Have there been any updates or changes to your system, when did these crashes start?  It is possible your preferences have become corrupt. 

Let's make sure we're in a default state and there are no stale settings somewhere: 

Restore your preferences using this manual method:  

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/preferences.html#Manually  

Does it work correctly? 

If that doesn't solve it, you can quit Photoshop and put the Settings folder back. 

Thank you,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 05, 2022 Jul 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Hello,
I set-up my Adobe Crash Reporter to always show. I have a brand new set-up with a Mac Studio M1 Ultra. It has been very buggy. This crash is worrisome because I use smart object workflow a lot. The save is stuck at 0% and I have no options to get out of this hang. I’ve enclosed the Activity monitor at the time.
John Grande

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines