• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

availability of older versions of Photoshop

Contributor ,
Oct 19, 2021 Oct 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I pay for PS each month for few years now, however for about a year new version of PS (2021) is broken for me and I am forced to use 2020 (reported issue on forum many times, no progress).

I see 2019 was available in Creative Cloud but currently I only see 2020.

My question is - will be 2020 be available forever or it will also disappear?

Because in that case I would need to search for alternatives.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It should be removed from CC with the next full version, though the installer will probably still be available over on prodesigntools for example: 

https://prodesigntools.com/adobe-cc-2020-direct-download-links.html

But as you already have it installed that should not affect you anyway, should it? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My sdd crashed this week and I needed to reinstall everything, that's example how it can affect me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you restore the SSD’s content from your back-ups? 

You might also want to download and back-up the installer. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was thinking Creative Cloud installers are online?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Oct 30, 2021 Oct 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

and I see PS 23.x was released, can I access 21.x now on some new installation in case of problems?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes you can keep older versions of Photoshop installed, when installing a new version you should be given an option to keep previous versions.

See this bit from the below link "How to retain previous versions of your app"

https://helpx.adobe.com/download-install/using/install-previous-version.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But no you cannot access old versions if you don't have them already installed. So DO NOT uninstall old versions nor let Creative Cloud do that. It's too dangerous.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please see what I wrote above, my SSD crashed and I need to reinstall Photoshop. What if my SSD will crash in the future? How can I install 21.x?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Jacek Poplawski wrote:

Please see what I wrote above, my SSD crashed and I need to reinstall Photoshop. What if my SSD will crash in the future? How can I install 21.x?

Please read what c.pfaffenbichler wrote in the parent reply above, because he already answered this. If an installer is no longer available from Adobe, you might find it at prodesigntools.com.

That will be your only option, because Adobe has stated their installer availability policy in the linked document below:

Adobe software support guidelines

What apps are available for download?

We provide installers for our current desktop apps and the previous major version of each. (Acrobat DC is the exception: We provide only the current version to ensure that you have the latest security updates.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 31, 2021 Oct 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"What if my SSD will crash in the future? How can I install 21.x?"

Do what I do and create an disk image of your hard drive on a separate drive, I do this on a weekly basis using Macrium Reflect free edition.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 31, 2021 Oct 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It's a safe bet that no application will be forever. With the changes in technology, it's difficult for companies to support older versions.

warmly/j

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines