• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Bad brush lines in photoshop?

New Here ,
Apr 12, 2013 Apr 12, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, getelmen/ladies. I am having trouble with Photshop CS6 Exteded. Everytime I use my pen and my tablet, in photoshop, the lines come out "wiggly" not smooth. I have the settings set to pen presure and smoothing is on. Also spacing is 1%. I dont understand why this is happning. I tested my tablet and pen with PiantTool Sai and it works fine. The lines are smooth. Anyone know why Photohsop is doing this? Can someone solve my problem?
Thank you~

There are imiges atteched showing phtoshop and Sai and how the lines look.2.PNG3.PNG1.PNG

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Advocate , Apr 14, 2013 Apr 14, 2013

I was able to acheive what I think is a very similar line quality to your Sai lines on my Wacom Intuos 4 tablet using Photoshop.  Try the following settings and see if that helps :

Line_Quality.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would experiment with your tablet sensitivity.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It still is gving me the wierd lines. Anything else that could be causing it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What tablet are you using?  To be honest those lines look perfectly normal to me.  Have you tried setting the sensitivity to soft in your tablet settings?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They lines are not smooth like they should be. Look at the Sai one and the PS one. HUION  580 tablet.  It is not the tablet, look at the lines in Sai and in Photoshop, the lines are very smooth in Sai and not in PS. Yes I've tried low and high settings. It is still the same. It use to give me good lines just like Sai, I dont know what happened, I even reinstalled it and it still does that. I've been using PS for years and I dont know what is up with it now. I think it is some sort of setting that  was moved, but I cant find what is wrong.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Apr 14, 2013 Apr 14, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was able to acheive what I think is a very similar line quality to your Sai lines on my Wacom Intuos 4 tablet using Photoshop.  Try the following settings and see if that helps :

Line_Quality.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 29, 2013 Jun 29, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah sir, your lines are not smooth at all. You can even see the little fidges in your lines that is caused by the shaking. I think what he is asking is if there is a setting to adjust the smoothness so then when you draw a line the program then gets rids off the fidges with reducing the amount of spots that the line holds.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 30, 2013 Jun 30, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But my hands don't shake when I try to make lines. Is there a stetting to fix it so they are smooth? I've tried lots of things and none work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 29, 2013 Oct 29, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is not a solution, but have you tried looking for options which allow your stroke to lag behind the cursor? GIMP has an option called Smooth stroke, I think, and if you set both of the options for smoothing to their highest setting, then you have a stroke that goes slowly behind your cursor, allowing for a much greater degree of control. Unfortunately, GIMP doesn't have the nice GUI or the functionality of photoshop, and I think most of us would go for GIMP if it did. Just an idea to point you in the right direction.

I'd rather have this than use illustrator because while you do get nice smooth lines with illustrator, it being a vector program, if there is a small bump in your line which you don't like, it can sometimes overexaggerate that leaving you with a very smooth, but weird looking lines.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 18, 2022 Mar 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

OMG! You've just saved my life with this! Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines