• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Balance darker and brighter areas of a photo

Community Beginner ,
Jul 07, 2022 Jul 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you tell me, please, how to balance (even out) darker and brighter areas on an image in Photoshop?

Someone has sent me a digital photograph of a printed photograph. Instead of scanning it, he just photographed it and there's a reflection on the photo's surface.

The problematic area is not extremely bright, the information in that area is not lost, it's just it's brighter than the surrounding area.

I'm not very good in Photoshop, so I don't know what's the correct way to fix this. I hope that there's some kind of automatic fix, or maybe some kind of sample/target balance tool.

I tried to darken the area manually by using the dodge tool, but I can't do it precisely.

Thank you.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Jul 07, 2022 Jul 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please post the image in question. 

It seems likely that an Adjustment Layer (Curves for example) and a soft Layer Mask might suffice. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 08, 2022 Jul 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It all depends on what is inside the image… Show the pic so we may find a solution if one.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 08, 2022 Jul 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

In any case I expect that the Burn and Dodge Tool do not provide an ideal or even a good approach in such a case. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines