• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Banishing residual Adobe components pre upgrading a mac to a 64 bit OSX.

Community Expert ,
Feb 21, 2022 Feb 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all, I hope you're surviving the late Feb. storms - I am in the process of shifting from Mojave to Catalina and see in the mac's "System Information / 64 bit column" that there are A LOT of Adobe components there that are not 64 bit.

That seems to suggest they are no longer needed for CC [as they won't operate on 64 but mac OS]? 

I am guessing they are leftovers from the CS3 suite which I was using up 'til I switched to the subscription version. 

The applications are long gone (manually delted, maybe that was a mistake). 

This help page isn't much use because it seems to suggest deleting components that will be part of the CC install. https://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/global/delete-previously-installed-application-files.html

Maybe others a "remove" utility?

Or perhaps I have to manually delete all of the ones listed below:

Screenshot 2022-02-21 at 11.04.24.jpgScreenshot 2022-02-21 at 11.06.37.jpgScreenshot 2022-02-21 at 11.06.22.jpgScreenshot 2022-02-21 at 11.06.05.jpgScreenshot 2022-02-21 at 11.05.44.jpgScreenshot 2022-02-21 at 11.05.13.jpgScreenshot 2022-02-21 at 11.04.50.jpg

any help much apreciated

this tool seems unhelpful as its apparently designed to remove CC apps, not what I want. 

https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-cleaner-tool-installation-problems.html

Nothing in Adobe Help for " remove Creative Suite apps"

thanks lots
neil barstow, colourmanagement net :: adobe forum volunteer:: Co-Author:Getting Colour Right
google me "neil barstow colourmanagement" for lots of free articles on colour management

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 21, 2022 Feb 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would do a clean install of whatever macOS version you upgrade to. Avoid carrying along cruft from everywhere.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 01, 2022 Mar 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Jeffrey, so: clean install, say, Catalina then "migrate"

I did used to do thjat every time in years gone by.

- I wonder how much 32 bit chaff comes over with an Apple 'migrate'?

A full clean install is quite a day long task

thx
neil barstow, colourmanagement net

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines