• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Baseline Shift error

New Here ,
Oct 29, 2022 Oct 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am creating a quick poster in PS, Type tool is malfunctioning. I have closed and reopened new documents 3 times, even opening an existing document with the same problem occuring. Type tool is autogenerating a -14 baseline shift on all fonts. When I enter a new row the text lays perfectly over the first line of text. Changing the baseline to 0 does not help. The only solution is to change the baseline for each new line to a higher baseline than the previous line which is so annoying. Please fix or help me reset. I am using preinstalled fonts btw and don't ever mess around changing preferences. 

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you sure it's not using a Paragraph or Character Style?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just tried looking for paragraph style options and found the paragraph
reset. After clicking reset for both character and paragraph things are
functioning properly. Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Katie26859506emdk 

Hi Katie,

You didn't show a screenshot, so this is general information.

• I don't think this is a baseline shift issue. Baseline shift is a character setting. Select all of the text and set the baseline shift to zero. Shifting away from the baseline is for bullets, superscript, subscripts, underlines, et cetera and NOT for paragraphs of type.
  • I suspect a leading problem. Typically leading (as defined by Gutenberg) is typesize plus two, meaning that 11pt type gets 13pts leading. This is also a character setting, so your text needs to be selected.
  • It could also be that you accidentally formatted your text to be superscript. I've seen this happen several times.

You can try this on your own, but if you want a more definitive answer from us first, show a screenshot with:

• text selected with the Type tool
  • Character and Paragraph panels (Window menu)

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You're welcome. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines