• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Basic adjustments lagging when using Photoshop on MacBook Air (Catalina)

New Here ,
Dec 28, 2022 Dec 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having problems with lagging when making very basic adjustments in Photoshop (like brightness/contrast or hue or saturation) on my MacBook Air.  My operating system is Catalina, OS 10.15.7 and my version of Photoshop is 21.2.3.  I'm working on very basic files, I'm not doing anything complicated.  With the brightness/contrast, I don't see the results of my changes as I'm making the adjustments, I have to wait until I'm completely finished.  With hue or saturation, as I make the adjustments, my image is broken down into several squares, some of which start flashing - or there will be an odd pixalated look to the image.  Thanks in advance for any recommendations you can provide.

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Dec 28, 2022 Dec 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!

Have you checked to see if your Graphics Card is the culprit? Go to Preferences>Performance, and uncheck Use GPU and then restart Photoshop. If the problem persists then you can turn your GPU card back on again. You also might want to check to see if your Graphics Card has an update.

One other option is to manually reset your preferences: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/preferences.html

Let us know if either one of these fixes the issue or if it still persists.

Michelle

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 05, 2023 Jan 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks so much.  I used the function that resets all the settings to default, and that solved the problem.  I didn't think I needed to do a manual reset, because I didn't have any settings specific to the work I do with Photoshop.  Thank you again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines