• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Batch Automation Help (Multiple Saves in Set)

New Here ,
Feb 25, 2022 Feb 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I created an action that sets a color overlay for text and then saves the image. This is repeated in the same action for a handful of colors. After I run this action I have 10 files all saved as .png with the name of the color.

When I try to batch this with multiple images it renames and replaces the files from the previous actions.

Below I am going to show what it currently looks like in file names

Input1: "Text 1 Raw"

Output1: White, Blue, Red, Green, Black, Etc.

Input2: "Text 2 Raw"

Output2: White, Blue, Red, Green, Black, Etc.

This replaces the output 1 files.

I would like it to be

Input1: "Text 1 Raw"

Output1: Text 1 Raw White, Text 1 Raw Blue, Text 1 Raw Red, Text 1 Raw Green, Text 1 Raw Black, Etc.

Input2: "Text 2 Raw"

Output2: Text 2 Raw White, Text 2 Raw Blue, Text 2 Raw Red, Text 2 Raw Green, Text 2 Raw Black, Etc.

Or if they could create subfolders for each raw image.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It would be helpful for you to post a cropped screenshot of the action panel, with all action steps fully expanded with the width of the panel set to show the full path/file info for the save steps. Additionally, showing the Batch interface with the settings that are giving you problems would also be helpful

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

\

When I try to batch this with multiple images it renames and replaces the files from the previous actions.

By @Nathan233362536tro

That is normal behaviour because you have recorded exact filename and path in action step so action will always save files with hard coded names in the hard coded location.

Try using Image Processor Pro which will allow you to create new subfolder for each save and to type custom text for filename. Exclude saving step in your action or delete it.

ipp.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines