Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Batch cropping

New Here ,
Nov 17, 2021 Nov 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey!

How to automatic crop group of different photos? I want to adhere (cleave) frame border only to size of the object on foto (objects are always round, but in diffrent sizes). There is always a big colour 

difference (contrast) between object & background.

I attach foto for example.

10a.jpg10ab.jpg

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Options for testing include:

* Inverted selections of the background

* Select subject

* Contrast or colour masks created from channels

* Possibly other methods...

All of these things can be put into an action or script for bulk processing (batch action or batch script processors).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If all of the images are as simple as the example, could you use the Select > Select Subject command to automatically create an accurate selection, then crop to the active selection using the Image > Crop command? If that works, you could build an action that could be applied to a batch of images.

Photoshop crop to Select Subject.gif

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 19, 2021 Nov 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for yours solutions! They soudns perfect. but there is only one think. I already have Photoshop 7 which did not have these functions. Maybe it is possible to do with other tools?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 19, 2021 Nov 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Then try my first suggestion, using the magic wand in the upper left corner, inverting, image-crop etc. There are some optional steps in the following screenshot:

atn.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines