• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Batch processed files not appearing in destination folder

Explorer ,
Apr 06, 2022 Apr 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've created an action to re-size images. I then created a batch process using this action to re-size a large number of images.  I've checked the source and destination folders really carefully, and I watched while the batch was running; I could see each file coming up & being processed, so it seemed to be working fine, and there were no error messages. I have also run this batch process once already with a different folder and it worked ok. BUT when I look in the destination folder it's empty, so I have no idea where these re-sized files have gone! I have checked all the folders relating to this set of images; the re-sized files are nowhere. I've tried this twice now, but the re-sized files still vanish. Attached screenshot shows my settings for the batch. Is this a known issue? Can anyone advise please?

TOPICS
Actions and scripting , macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks @jefbr . But I don't understand this link? I know how to create a batch process - I'm doing it correctly as far as I can see, as it's worked once. It's just the second time I used the same process the files didn't appear in the destination folder.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was thinking it might be useful to turn your batch into a droplet.

-bear with me- If you run a batch as a batch, the "save as" steps are executed literally.

If you run a droplet, the save as step will be automatically overwritten per image batched through the droplet.

It sounds like executing the batch as a batch and not a droplet is your problem.

I could be wrong, happens a lot, but that's why those 2 links. 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, I see - thanks! I'll give this a try later on... 😊

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

A screenshot of the batch command is only half the story, a cropped screenshot of the action with all steps fully expanded and any save/save as a copy steps expanded with the panel wide enough to see the entire text would also be helpful in troubleshooting.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines