• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Batch processing a 1dpi downgrade for the same image

New Here ,
Jun 24, 2022 Jun 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So this might seem quite strange but I am trying to create a batch process where I can take an image and then downgrade it by 1dpi (but keeping the same image size), then save out the image and keep doing this till I get to an image which is 1dpi and the same image size as the original.

Basically I want it to go, image @72dpi, @1000px x 1000px, then processes to image @ 71dpi, @1000px x 1000px, then the next process would be 70dpi @ 1000px, 69dpi @ 1000px etc till it hits 1dpi

Can anyone help me with working out how to set this up?

thanks

TOPICS
Actions and scripting , macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There's absolutely no point in this exercise. It's the same file, you're not changing anything. Ppi is just metadata, it's not a native property of the file. As long as you don't use the ppi number to resample the pixels, you can assign any ppi number you want and nothing changes in the file.

A raster image is just pixels, nothing more. Ppi is just a way to translate those pixels into a physical print size.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@junior-wolf wrote:

Basically I want it to go, image @72dpi, @1000px x 1000px, then processes to image @ 71dpi, @1000px x 1000px, then the next process would be 70dpi @ 1000px, 69dpi @ 1000px etc till it hits 1dpi

Makes zero difference; you've got 1000x1000 pixels in all cases. All that dpi setting is, is metadata. All documents otherwise are identical; 1000x1000 pixels. There is no processing difference whatsoever. 

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ok I may have worded it incorrectly, I am trying to achieve this type of thing, one image is 72dpi @ 1000px squared and the other is 17px squared but blown up to 1000px. Im not sure how to word it but hopefully you get the idea a bit more. I am just trying to build a library to use with a GAN, starting off with a bank of images which become less sharp/more pixelated, however you want to say it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines