Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Batch Processing Action

Engaged ,
Apr 18, 2023 Apr 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all --

I've been trying to figure this out, and all I'm getting is a headache. I want to batch process some files:

Open

Batch process

Export jpg (to a child directory)

Close

Next file

When I view the child directory after processing the files, there is only one file.

Any recommendations how to accomplish this?

Scott

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 19, 2023 Apr 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @scotwllm 

Thanks for reaching out. We understand at times; batch processes can be confusing.

Which version of Photoshop are you using? While recording the action for your batch process, do you start by opening the file from the folder or directly the action you want to do? 

It would be great if we could see what you’re seeing. Please post a screen recording of what’s happening, and we will help sort it out. Here are instructions for making a screen recording - https://bit.ly/3Fkf5Vd

Best,

Ranjisha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Apr 21, 2023 Apr 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry for the delay in responding. I'm  using Photoshop 24.3 on a Windows 10 desktop. 

At this point, I'm only concerned about the Saving a jpg in the indicated subdirectory.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 21, 2023 Apr 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So you are recording Save step with exact final destination, right? Do not touch filename field when recording Save step and use Save a Copy command when recording Save action step. Your step when expanded should look like one on my screenshot below where arrow is pointing, it should have folder name but not and filename recorded (example with X on screenshot)

save step properly recorded.jpg

If you can not figure out whats going on above on screenshot and you must record using Save As > Save a Copy then turn on Override Action "Save As" Commands when batch processing images using Batch script from File > Automate > Batch.

overwrite save in action step.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Apr 22, 2023 Apr 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We're getting there! It asks me whether to save the original file after every iteration of the action. I don't want to change the original file, and I don't want to babysit the action, either.  Here's a video of how the action performs right now:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 23, 2023 Apr 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I can not clearly see your batch dialogue nor action step to save. Please post screenshot with action steps expanded and screenshot of Batch dialogue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines