Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Batch Processing Product Images for Web

New Here ,
Nov 10, 2021 Nov 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

I have some product images to use on my web site that are 1000x1000px and I want to create copies that are 1200x900 for Google Posts with the original filename intact plus an extension..

I've tried automating the process in PS but can't get it to work. I've never used automation before.

Any tips how to do this?

Using latest version of PS (updated today)

TIA.

TOPICS
Actions and scripting , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 10, 2021 Nov 10, 2021

You need Crop or distort to changes your documents aspect ratio like that or put your square peg centered into your rectangle document.  Downsize your 1000x1000 to 900x900 then add 900x150 canvas on two sides  ie change canvas size from 900x900 to 1200x900.  It easy to do with a action you can batch. However, you need to decide which way you want to change the documents aspect ratio  loos content  distort content  or add boarders

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need Crop or distort to changes your documents aspect ratio like that or put your square peg centered into your rectangle document.  Downsize your 1000x1000 to 900x900 then add 900x150 canvas on two sides  ie change canvas size from 900x900 to 1200x900.  It easy to do with a action you can batch. However, you need to decide which way you want to change the documents aspect ratio  loos content  distort content  or add boarders

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi JJMack

Thank you for that information. I'll gave it a try and that has worked.

I unchecked the 'Relative' box in the Canvas Size dialogue and it worked perfectly.

This will save me a lot of time in future.

Regards,

Andrew

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines