Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Batch processing super resolution in camera raw

Community Beginner ,
May 21, 2021 May 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have many thousands of DNG's that I want to apply super-resolution to and save as a TIF. Camera raw starts to choke when you give it around 2k files. I also can't create an action because when you load a dng through Filter --> Camera raw the super-resolution button is no longer available. There's also no camera raw API available to do this programmatically. Lightroom is also not an option since there's no super-resolution available there. Is there a way to do this within photoshop?

Any suggestions are appreciated. Thank you.

TOPICS
Actions and scripting , SDK

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How much RAM do you have on your system? 2000 images already sounds crazy to me, but of course you may simply need to expand your working memory to accommodate even more.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm pretty sure you can get same results just with Photoshop resize and some (smart) sharpening after. For batch just record the action with resize and sharpen and select it in image processor and set the output type to tiff. But correct if Im wrong and there is some magic available in ACR but not in PS...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom would be a better application to do this kind of batch processing, when available (I can't say much more). But be maybe you want to revisit batch processing in the future...  I agree however, doing this sight unseen on thousands of images probably isn't a very good idea. 

As for the same results using Smart SharpeningIf you have only imagined it, you haven't experienced it. <g>

Plus, a linear DNG and a fully rendered TIFF ain't the same kind of data and doesn't provide the same degree of editing flexibility. 

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 20, 2022 Oct 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Did you eve manage to get it working? I'd like to do the same, but actions can't seem to capture the process.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines