Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Batch processing

Explorer ,
Oct 09, 2022 Oct 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can anyone help...

I followed the step by step Batch prosessing from opening up in photoshop - resize/different files ect etc

However when i go to the automate processing it opens my photo in Camera Raw. and stops... I do not know why???  

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is the affected image exactly? 

Is it a RAW file, is it a jpg with RAW metadata, …? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It comes form bridge into raw prosesser (Nikon D850 NEF ) then in photoshop i want it to be a smaler jpg... Im not sure on the metadata??? how would i find out?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just looked at the folder i store the files & yes it looks like there is xmp files along side of them... I don't know why or whatto do...

Thanks for your help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe Camera Raw has built in batch-processing features to produce derivative files directly from the raw camera file data, without the need to push pixels into Photoshop, so no need for Batch Actions.

That being said, if you need to "do more" with the pixels, then batching in Photoshop with Batch Actions or scripts may be required.

To answer your question, Photoshop can't work directly with raw camera data, it needs to be rendered into a "standard" (for Photoshop) traditional pixel and colour format for editing.

The Image Processor script which ships with Photoshop has the ability to use the ACR interface for the first image opened with subsequent images when batching.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Beside Camera Raw, there is Export panel in Adobe Bridge which can batch process RAW files to JPEG, PNG, TIFF or DNG.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bojan....

Many many thanks for your help, i much appreciate the time you took to answer my Question...

Take care.

Chris...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PS

I wish they tell you in the videos people make...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 17, 2022 Oct 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Many thanks for your reply....  GOT IT THANKYOU...

Wishing you the very best...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines