• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Batch removal of background - getting errors

Explorer ,
Aug 03, 2021 Aug 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to remove the background from 300 images. The images are pretty much identical. 

First I tried setting up a batch procedure where I manually unlocked the background, used the quick selection tool to select the background and then finally deleted the background. But when I run the batch thing on the folder with the images it immediately returns the error "the command Delete is not currently available". I also tried running the same with the image processor. Same error.

Then I tried recording a batch operation with the "Remove background" tool built into Photoshop - that does work, but it removes way too much of the background.

I have attached a sample image.

Can anyone help with this?
Thanks!

TOPICS
Actions and scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 3 Correct answers

Guide , Aug 03, 2021 Aug 03, 2021

2021-08-03_17-33-00.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
People's Champ , Aug 04, 2021 Aug 04, 2021
On your gif, an error occurs on the "delete" command, because there is no selection due to the fact that the step of using the selection tool has not been recorded. Did you RERECORD the Action.?
Upload a new video, better not GIF.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Aug 09, 2021 Aug 09, 2021

Is »Allow Tool Recording« enabled? 

Edit: Screenshot 2021-08-09 at 10.59.36.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Contributor ,
Aug 09, 2021 Aug 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow! Just tested this - so cool. Thanks for teaching me a new and were useful feature! 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Got all confused when I tried to find the thread again - seems as my questions landed in someone else's thread instead of in its own as was intended 🙂 sorry.
Anyway, I'll continue here. When I record using the creating path method (works great when I do it), having the "allow tool recording active" I run into problem. All looks fine, but when I try to run the action Photoshop freezes, without even performing the first task in the action (which in this case is setting the canvas size). Each time I have an action including a making a path and using it for making a quick selection Photoshop freezes. I have to close it using task manager. Has anyone else run into this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You'll find the answer in the most recent replies to Select subpath thread.

(that's the bug - I reported few days ago - introduced to Ps 2019 or 2020)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines