• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Batch Replace an Smart Object content and export every copy of it into single JPG versions in folder

Participant ,
Feb 23, 2022 Feb 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I hope someone can help me, I am trying to create or find ans script to help me to process in batch multiple views of diferent psd files, Attached is an image to try to explain better, 

I have a PSD file with multiple templates (artboards) inside each is a copy of an only one smart object ("master")

What I do manually, is open my edit an smart object in my PSD replacing the contects for a new image (another PSD file inside), then I close the smart object so all the present copies change acording to the new contents but keep the individual transformations and efects, then I select all the smart object copies and export to individual JPG files (around 10 for each image)

what I pretend to do, is to use batch process to apply the same templates to multiple psd files generating a folder for each with the N jpg versions inside, 

it may be complicated, not sure, still learning, I hope to find a way to do this, I am open to different aproach, or other ways to do the same results in a less complicated or more elegant and short way if possible.

Thank you in advance for you help.

Sample screenshot in the next link:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/lk6uv1eli5nc9zs/Daniel.png?raw=1

TOPICS
Actions and scripting , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Browse the forum - there are plenty of snippets for each phase of presented process.

By the way, was my answer in Script to select a file based on layer text that you were looking for?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Mar 02, 2022 Mar 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you very much, I am working in fit my project into something less complicated without the artboards part, the link is very helpfull indeed, thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 02, 2022 Mar 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Regarding the other thread, can you share what was your solution to that problem?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One such example script here:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop-ecosystem-discussions/script-for-phone-case-mockup/td-p/106...

Using artboards complicates the process, so you will need to find code that loops over all artboards, good luck!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines