Beginner Help Please. Thank you!

Community Beginner ,
Mar 24, 2022 Mar 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am very new and also kind of old. haha.  But I was opening some of my photos to try and change the color of eyes and just play around with photoshop as a I learn but when I enlarge my pictures, oh my goodness, it is all just pixels.  Can I do anything to fix this?  I really appreciate all your help with my questions.

Kindest Regards

R

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi first you should learn about the basics of photoshop there are many free videos...regards

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/tutorials.html

Ali Sajjad / Graphic Design Trainer / Freelancer

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi R!

How big are you zooming into your photo? You should be able to look at the bottom left corner of your Photoshop window and see the percentatage (size that you are viewing the actual image). If you zoom in once and you are at 100% then you might be working with images that are very low in resolution.

With your image open, choose Image Size from the Image menu and change the units in the drop down menu on the right to pixels. This will tell you how many pixels are in your image.

Screen Shot 2022-03-24 at 8.47.56 PM.png

Let us know what the viewing size is (bottom left corner of your Photoshop window, and the image size (described above) so we can help you? If you can take a screen shot and upload it, that would be really helpful too.

Also, what version of Photoshop are you working with?

Michelle

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

"but when I enlarge my pictures, oh my goodness, it is all just pixels.  Can I do anything to fix this?"

No, that is how things works in pixel based program when you heavily zoom in.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines