Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Best PS version for Mac El Capitan

New Here ,
Nov 10, 2019 Nov 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello all,

I have updated my old 2008 macbook pro with a brand new 500 GB SSD and 8 GB ram and I have installed El Capitan 10.11.6 as this is the latest version compatible with my hardware.

What is the best PS version I can use with my configuration and how can I get it?

Thank you for your support.

Regards.

Stefano 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop CC 2018  (photoshop version 19.1.9) is the newest version that works on El Capitan and you can get it from here:

https://helpx.adobe.com/download-install/kb/creative-cloud-apps-download.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I cannot recommend you get a subscription if you plan to run macOS 10.11. On past experience, Adobe will very soon remove access to CC 2018. Old versions of CC, once removed, are completely unavailable, even for money. Versions older than CC are not sold by Adobe or legally by anyone else (the web is full of pirate copies, with malware, often on convincing looking sites- beware).

Warning, scammers may contact you privately pretending to be Adobe staff, who may have a magic and legal solution to this. Adobe will never send you a private message asking you to email an account that isn't @adobe.com, or use Skype. These scammers want your credit cards, your money and control of your computer, please take care.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 12, 2021 Jul 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello thanks a lot for this

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop CC 2018 will run on your system but it's hard to recommend this path: Adobe now only support the most recent two versions, and on this basis CC 2018 should soon disappear. Even if you can install it today, if you can't keep up to date in macOS you will soon be unable to reinstall. I suggest you look for a non-Adobe product.  [Note: if you already have a CC subscription, then you might as well install CC 2018 now, if the CC app lets you, not sure it will].

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

actually I have to decide if to proceed or not for a CC subscription considering my situation. I am looking for some suggestions in order to approach it properly. What happen when Adobe will suspend the support to CC 2018? Is it possible to get it with some additional discounts and/or without subscription?

Thank you.

Regards

Stefano

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The back version cutoff is a legal issue, not a policy decision. So no, you can't get them anywhere else.

That said, nobody here knows whether 2018 will be removed or not. This all happened rather suddenly earlier this year. Prior to that, all versions back to CS6 were available.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Already macOS 10.12 and lower versions themselves cannot receive Apple support.
OSs that are no longer supported will not be able to use new applications in the future, and above all, security risks.
The best way this time is to renovate the usage environment with computers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines