Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Best size and resolution for product photo

New Here ,
Aug 08, 2022 Aug 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Adobe community

I am new to using photoshop and lightroom, but I am learning through tutorial, a question to expert in exommerce,  what would be the best size and resolution of product images, and what type I shall save my images to? I am looking to be consistent and to help the website load faster.

My business is in fashion (RTW) if that of a help .

Thanks

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I always save one original at high resolution (300dpi) for printing, but hi-res is not necessary for web. For that purpose, I go Image>Image Size> and reduce the resolution to 150, then Save For Web (or Export or whatever it is in the current version of PS). You end up with 96ppi or 72ppi.  And remember: Image Size, not Canvas Size. Those are two different things.

As to the size dimensions of the image, you can also change that while leaving the resolution high. Say your image is 4000x 3500px and they want it smaller. Then you'd go Image>Image Size> and enter the desire pixels while leaving the resolution high. You only need to enter one dimension (i.e. Width) because once you enter that, the height will adjust automatically.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you so much dear Leslie, a very clear detailed answer 😄

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines