Better way for accessing photoshop files on qnap

New Here ,
Aug 03, 2022 Aug 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know Photoshop does not work well with server, but is it the same for accessing psd files on a qnap? I am having an issue where I get a "could not open file because file is locked, you do not have necessary access permissions" when trying to open some file. However if I try to open it with preview it opens fine. I know it is best to duplicate it and work on it on your local drive then put it back but sometimes I forget to put it back. Is there a better way to accessing psd files from the QNAP without getting those weird errors.

I have veriifed I do have correct permisssions. 

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Aug 03, 2022 Aug 03, 2022

Hi

QNAP is Network Attached Storage (NAS). As such, Adobe's recommendation of working to a local drive still stands. See link below:

https://helpx.adobe.com/uk/photoshop/kb/networks-removable-media-photoshop.html

Dave

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Aug 03, 2022 Aug 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

QNAP is Network Attached Storage (NAS). As such, Adobe's recommendation of working to a local drive still stands. See link below:

https://helpx.adobe.com/uk/photoshop/kb/networks-removable-media-photoshop.html

Dave

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 04, 2022 Aug 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Okay thanks for the pormpt answer!

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines