• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Big issues already with PS 2022

Community Beginner ,
Oct 27, 2021 Oct 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

TIF files that opened just fine before the update to 2022 are now telling me that the can't be opened because they are not the right type of file. These files still open in Lightroom, but the error occurs when either opening the file directly or selecting edit in photoshop. These are uncompressed TIF files.

Zooming in and out on an image is now noticebaly choppy compared to previous version. I think something is off with the graphics card utlization. Running on a ryzen 7 system with 64GB of ram and 5500XT card. Shouldn't be experiencing any choppy action like this.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 27, 2021 Oct 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you post one of the TIFF files you're having trouble with?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 29, 2021 Oct 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's a 250MB TIF file which is too big to post.

When I updated to PS 2022 I was on the penultimate version of 2021. I now can't go back to this older version and can't access these TIF files. They open in Lightroom, but then won't export to edit in photoshop even if they are coming from Lightroom. I can export from lightroom and save, but then I'm losing some colorspace info. These literally opened fine up until the update. Now they don't. I've tried not only uninstalling Photoshop, but manually going through and cleaning out all the associated files that the uninstall leaves behind and reinstalling. It's the update not the preferences.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 30, 2021 Oct 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 30, 2021 Oct 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think this is likely true. The files that won't open are generated in starnet ++ a program used by many astrophotographers to use AI to remove stars in astro images. They've worked up until that last update for PS 22

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 11, 2021 Nov 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello, the Photoshop team has just released version 23.0.1, one of the fixes adresses TIFF files opening, see: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/fixed-issues.html

In your CC application, go to Help>Search for updates if you do not see it yet.

Please report if it fixes your problem, and also contact the software manufacturer, so that they can produce TIFF files with all needed attributes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines