• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Bind rotation to a knob?

Community Beginner ,
Apr 15, 2023 Apr 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently got a new macropad and it came with knobs. I want to know if I can key bind the rotation action to the knob when I turn it. I'm not interested in pressing the R key or keybinding it to one of the other macro buttons and then using my pen or mouse to rotate it. The program the macropad uses is VIA if that helps to answer my question.

TOPICS
Actions and scripting , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Guide ,
Apr 15, 2023 Apr 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It would be easy to do this with scripts, but unfortunately there is a bug that does not allow you to control the parameters of the rotate view tool: Rotate tool does not assign angle value trough script 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 21, 2023 Apr 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You got a Work Louder Creator Mini didn't you? Because I'm here looking for the exact thing for mine, that I also got. 

If you find a solution, I'm interested. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 25, 2023 Apr 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I got the Doio Mastadon Macropad. Which was so frustrating to set up at first.. I'll keep this place posted if I found a solution that works!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 23, 2023 Apr 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a workaround! But requires using a trackpad to do the mouse click.

I haven't got it to chain holding SHIFT down for 15deg increments, but you can assign the Counterclockwise using Special > Any as `KC_MS_DOWN` and the Clockwise as 'KC_MS_UP' and get 1 degree increments. 

I'll post again if I get it figured out. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 24, 2023 Apr 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And It will do the 15deg rotation but only after you rotate the dial A LOT. The smoothness of the dial's rotation obviously doesn't match the smoothness of a mouse as the number of turns seems inconsistent. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Apr 24, 2023 Apr 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In Windows we have a huge number of automation tools. For example, we can use AHK to activate the Photoshop window, select the RotateTool and set the focus to the degrees input box:

if WinExist("ahk_class Photoshop")
{
	WinActivate 
	Send "R"
	MouseMove 220, 50
	MouseClick "left"
}

It is enough to bind this script on any free button, after which you can send keystrokes up or down to control the rotation of the canvas. I'm using X-Keys Jog & Shuttle, just checked and everything works great.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 08, 2024 Feb 08, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If knob has push function too, I think you can rotate counter-clockwise by 10 degrees. Set push (center) as R+ENTER with delay, which would highlight the angle field. Then set Turn Left as SHFT+DOWN ARROW, allowing you to rotate by 10 degrees per ping (up arrow will top out at 180 leaving you stuck upside-down for clockwise but down keeps going around for some reason). Then set Turn Right as ESC or B (brush) or something else to exit the angle field. I don't have a macropad yet so I have not tried it, but I found this question while searching to find out if the cheap macropads allow multi key rollover... which I still don't know. I would like to set knob for brush size and push-turn same knob for softness. I hope the rotate meathod works. Please let me know if so... also about the key rollover question.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 08, 2024 Feb 08, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

correction: set TURN RIGHT as ESC+ to get out of angle text field...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines