• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Bipass window and don't open file for bank notes

Engaged ,
Mar 26, 2020 Mar 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a javascript that runs actions. I don't want it to stop when there is a bank note. It would be fine if it didn't open and then was allowed to move on. There is no one to click the button so I need it to happen within the script. Any ideas?

TOPICS
SDK

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Mar 26, 2020 Mar 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

bank note? Do you have Stop step in your action? Exclude Stop step from action and fix the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 27, 2020 Mar 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you hit the secued image/s what exactly happens? What alert, …? 

If I recall correctly it should be possible to mimick a hitting of the enter-button at intervals within a Script, but I never employed that technique. So you may have to search the Fora for a solution on this. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

#target photoshop

displayDialogs = DialogModes.NO
cTID = function (s) {

return app.charIDToTypeID(s);
};

sTID = function (s) {
  return app.stringIDToTypeID(s);
};

//==================== Open ==============

//~   // Open

function step1() {
  var desc1 = new ActionDescriptor();
  //desc1.putPath(cTID('null'), new File("~/Desktop/Dollar.psd"));
  desc1.putPath(cTID('null'), new File("~/Desktop/50_Dollar_Bill.jpg"));
  desc1.putBoolean(stringIDToTypeID("dontRecord"), false);
  desc1.putBoolean(stringIDToTypeID("forceNotify"), false);
  desc1.putInteger(charIDToTypeID("DocI"), 3944);
  var test = cTID('Opn ');
  $.writeln(test)
  var test = executeAction(cTID('Opn '), desc1, DialogModes.NO);

}
step1()

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is what I am trying to use but it doesn't work. I still get a message.

I just want to cancel. I don't need to open the file.I just want to cancel. I don't need to open the file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I haven’t found a thread on intervaled-keyboard-hitting-simulation yet so maybe you should start a new thread focusing on the Scripting subject itself. 

Maybe one of the more-Scripting-savvy regulars might chime in and be able to help out. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do the images of currency contain metadata or filename content that could be used by a conditional if/else check?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am not sure but I think Photoshop (and other applications) actually analyze the image content on opening in order to catch the tell-tale signs of banknotes – and that has annoyed a lot of people over time. 

https://feedback.photoshop.com/photoshop_family/topics/anti_counterfeiting_measures_are_a_nuisance_t...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No I don't think that there is any metadata that would clue me into wether it was going to alert a message.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The thing is I don't want to do anything with this image. I just want the ability to move on without a user pressing a button. I don't want the file to open.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We understand bagonterman which is why I am asking about ways to filter out these images...

If Photoshop has to open the image to read metadata to exclude the file, then that will not work, presuming that there is some sort of available metadata to identify the currency images independently of other images, such as with an XMP:Subject keyword for example.

Photoshop should be able to exclude files using an input mask, presuming that there is something in the filename to identify the currency images independently of other images.

Adobe Bridge could be used to identify images visually and exclude these images from input to the script.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Apr 01, 2020 Apr 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is no way to filter them out before it gets to photoshop. Photoshop can recognize even part of a bill.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

bagonterman wrote:

"There is no way to filter them out before it gets to photoshop."

I'm would think that there is, the three suggestions in my previous post would also be applicable to Bridge, if not in Photoshop. Bridge can control what is processed in Photoshop. Scripting this may not be easy though. You may have to first add metadata (keyword, label, rating etc) or have something in the filename etc, or just manually select all of the files first in Bridge, even if visually excluding the currency images. Bridge can pass selected files to Photoshop from Batch, Image Processor and in Photoshop Image Processor Pro can use selected files in Bridge and all three can play an action.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am not sure why DialogModes.No does not work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does the script just terminate or does it through an error. If its an error opening the files with the bank note you may be able to use try catch and just bypass that file.  Skip processing those files.  You posted Action manager code that does the open it seems to open an interactive popup dialog.  Try using DOM open code rather the action manager code.  Put it in a try catch.

open(File("~/Desktop/50_Dollar_Bill.jpg"));

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Apr 08, 2020 Apr 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It does not error. It opens an alert window that has to be manually closed. Is there anyway to get around this? The reason I was trying to use the executeAction was because it has a built in DialogModes.NO feature. The message stops the flow of execution blocking everything.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Apr 08, 2020 Apr 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Would there be a way for this to time out after a minute?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 24, 2021 Oct 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

How can I make a special banner and logos for bank companies like Wells Fargo Washington Branch, Bank of America.?

I downloaded and installed in my pc now I'm working on Fiverr with the name of lisa_burns94. I try my best logos for other bank companies and I want to make a perfect logo for Wells Fargo Bank and then I will share in public that what will the public say about my wells fargo bank logo.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines