• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

black artifacts in my PNG image and how to correct them.

Engaged ,
Jul 18, 2022 Jul 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi community. 

Which method can I use in PS to eliminate these blocky artifacts? (I tired adding noise to it.) Also when I'm in front of the screen its less obvious, when I see the image from the sides of my monitor its more obvious. 

Also what method can I use so that PS just targets the black areas on my image? and doesnt tamper with the rest of the colours?

StefanCargoski_1-1658151396398.png

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 19, 2022 Jul 19, 2022

I dont see the banding on my screen which again leads me to believe this is a monitor resolution issue. The image appears smooth and fluid with no banding.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you please provide the image? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jul 19, 2022 Jul 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's the image, Its imported from Blender 3D,  my exporting settings are 16bit channel, 0 compression png to get high quality. I do see from my 3D viewport some sort of banding, and even worse when imported into PS. I do add some noise filter which does help, but loses its smoothness. 

StefanCargoski_0-1658237969502.pngStefanCargoski_1-1658237997465.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I dont see the banding on my screen which again leads me to believe this is a monitor resolution issue. The image appears smooth and fluid with no banding.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, thank you for your help. Must be my cheapo monitor then... I guess i have to invest into a better monitor to get better colour transitions. I thought my GPU would take care of that, Nvidia 3060Ti. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With 16 bit data, any banding you see is in your display system. Unless you have a 10 bit capable monitor, the display output is 8 bit and that's where the banding is.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there.

These are the settings I have:

StefanCargoski_0-1658280520618.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The image you provided is not clear what you are pointing out. If you are seeing blocks/pixelization on that screen shot, it may be a monitor resolution issue - it did not translate in to the screenshot provided.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines