Black image Photoshop 23.2

Explorer ,
Feb 22, 2022 Feb 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am never sure how to post here. Here goes though. 

I am having so much trouble with the 23.2 update. Now images are opening as a black image. I can see the image in navigator, but the image on the screen is black.  I am using Mac with Rosetta. This is a big problem when I am trying to complete client's work.  I have tired changing the color profile and all sorts of suggestions, but no luck.  Some images open and others so not.   I sure wish Adobe would be more careful when they put out these updates without checking all the possibilites for failures.

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have had this issue as well.  I solved it by going into Photoshops preferences, and Resetting preferences on Close.  Then close and restart the computer.  Images should work properly after that.  If not make sure "Use Graphics Processor" is checked

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you .. will give it a try!

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have so much trouble with just about every Photoshop update now that I wait until they've been out for a few months before I engage them.  It's almost as if Adobe wants us to be guinea pigs, so they can figure out what they "did wrong this time."

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have seen that with releases around Adobee Max where the teams push out the beta's they have been working on all year just so they can get them in the user's hands.  Sometimes those releases are still pretty buggy.  Normally though there is a lot of bug fixes done prior to build releases.   This one seems to be just corrupt pre-sets, which can happen. 

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good idea!!

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Feb 25, 2022 Feb 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

First, try disabling GPU in the preferences (Preformance tab). Any better?
If not, go to Preferences > Technology Previews... and check "Disable Native Canvas" - then restart Photoshop. Better?
If not, recalibrate and build a new ICC display profile, the old one might be corrupted.
If you are using software/hardware for this task, be sure the software is set to build a matrix not LUT profile, Version 2 not Version 4 profile.
If turning OFF GPU works, it's a GPU bug and you need to contact the manufacturer or find out if there's an updated driver for it although that's not going to fly for Mac; you'll need to roll back or forward and hope for the best.
Also see: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/acr-gpu-faq.html

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines