Welcome Dialog

Welcome to the Community!

We have a brand new look! Take a tour with us and explore the latest updates on Adobe Support Community.

Black screen when I use the text tool

New Here ,
Nov 09, 2021 Nov 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I'm using Photoshop 20.0.10.  Every time I try to use the text tool now, the screen goes black and glitchy so I can't see what I'm typing. When I click the check mark, it rights itself.  But, the problem is now consistent and impossible to work around. Anyone know a fix?  See attached screenshot.Screen Shot 2021-11-09 at 7.25.57 PM.png

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 10, 2021 Nov 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there,

Sorry about the trouble with Photoshop 20.0.10.
What are your system specification? From when are you seeing this problem? Is it happening just with the Text tool?

Can you please try to update the Photoshop to the latest version i.e. 23.0.1?
If it doesn't work, try to reset the tools followed by Photoshop preferences. 
Steps to reset the Tools and Preferences: 
To reset all the tools at once, right-click on the icon of whatever tool is currently selected in the Tool Options, select “Reset All Tools,” and then click “OK.” When you use the Reset All Tools option, this will also reset all the tool selections in the Tools bar to their defaults.
You may try reset Photoshop preferences back to defaults and check if that helps. Here's the article for the steps: https://adobe.ly/3ceal5t Also, back up the existing Photoshop preferences if you have any custom brushes, action and workspace: https://adobe.ly/2vNz6FG 

Let us know how it goes. 

Thanks,
Ranjisha

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines