Exit

Black screen while opening a new or existing document in Photoshop on Windows

Community Beginner ,
Jul 21, 2020 Jul 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

so i have a really big problem.

I bought a new laptop yesterdey - asus zenbook pro duo, and i downloade photoshop, and it all appers to be black!! 

black when i open a new file

and black when i open an exciting document... 

even all the color choices are black... 

i am on RGB mode.

please help :((((

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Sep 05, 2020 Sep 05, 2020

Dude, I had the same issue its was frustrating while checking fix online I came across your post here

gladly I found the fix i guess, it might work for you, its not any graphics driver problem for me...
enable all graphics cards and its glories don't disable anything!

just go to the start menu and search " calibrate display color " click on it and just follow the steps

now right-click anywhere on the desktop and select "Display Settings"

in display settings, you probably have only one option in "col

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Jul 22, 2020 Jul 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry that you see a black screen while opening a new or existing document in Photoshop. 

Which version of Photoshop are you using? Would you mind checking the steps mentioned in this article https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/troubleshoot-home-screen-issues.html and let us know if that helps?

Thanks,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 25, 2020 Aug 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hey, the same thing is happening to me now, they turned off my graphics card which made my photoshop work but my second screen not work anymore so I had to turn it back on, did u end up finding a way to fix it? would be really helpful, thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Im sorry, they gave me the same solution 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Rename UXP folder doesn't work for you?

Rename the UXP folder to UXP_old.

• (Windows) Navigate to C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\UXP
  • (macOS) Navigate to Macintosh HD/Library/Application Support/Adobe/UX
Best regards

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 26, 2020 Aug 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey , do u know how at all? Did they control your computer for for you to do it or just tell you how to manually fix it? Thanks , sorry about all the questions , I had people fix it yesterday but they fixed it by turning my graphics card off and that makes my screen not work properly. Thank youu

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 05, 2020 Sep 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dude, I had the same issue its was frustrating while checking fix online I came across your post here

gladly I found the fix i guess, it might work for you, its not any graphics driver problem for me...
enable all graphics cards and its glories don't disable anything!

just go to the start menu and search " calibrate display color " click on it and just follow the steps

now right-click anywhere on the desktop and select "Display Settings"

in display settings, you probably have only one option in "color profile"

after doing this calibration you should have "sRGB something option available" select that

No restart needed you should see all colors!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 14, 2020 Sep 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are a STAR!!!

I bought my Zenbook Duo for PS/CLR and was really pleased up until I opened up Photoshop...no worries, I will contact Adobe support, their cure? Disable the second screen!!! which is kind of why I bought this laptop!!

You have solved the issue with your excellent advice.

Thank you!! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 21, 2020 Sep 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

oh my god thank you thank you thank you!!! it worked !!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 16, 2020 Nov 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thankx it worked but the screen quality reduced

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 16, 2020 Dec 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

holy crap, BRO YOU'RE A KING. GOD BLESS YOUR SOUL. I WAS LITERALLY GOING THROUGH ALL YOUTUBE/GOOGLE/ ADOBE FORUMS, I was literally going to return my laptop lol. Thank you!!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 27, 2020 Dec 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're a legend, man! Don't know how you came up with such a solution, but I'm incredibly glad you did! After hours of trying various solutions found on google and youtube, after reinstalling numerous (older) versions of graphic card drivers as well as photoshop, I was about to lose all hope. The only thing that seemed to help (somewhat) was by disabling the Intel(R) UHD Graphics processor and thus "losing" the second screen, which is pretty much the whole reason of owning such a laptop!

Thanks to you, I can sleep well once again!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 18, 2021 Feb 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks a lot bro...this actually worked

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 24, 2021 Feb 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are a star this worked perfectly - spent 4 hours on the chat with adobe and they could not solve it - thank you Adobe should employ you !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 04, 2021 Mar 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you are the best!! after 3 days of being at the edge of tears i found your answer! thanks for everything!! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 11, 2021 May 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are an absolute hero!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 29, 2021 Jun 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

please kiss me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 05, 2021 Aug 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lifesaver! last time im buying a gimmick laptop

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 30, 2021 Sep 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much. Just opened up photoshop on my new zenbook duo and was like what is this blackness. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 16, 2020 Nov 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The real problem here is a defective monitor profile. Without a good monitor profile, Photoshop can't display correctly, and in some cases it won't display at all.

The proper and adequate way to handle this is to use a calibrator to make a new profile. If you don't have that, you need to use a generic profile like sRGB IEC61966-2.1. It won't be accurate, but usually close enough for non-critical use.

If you're not using a calibrator, monitor/laptop manufacturers distribute their own profiles through Windows Update. These profiles are astonishingly often defective/incorrect/inaccurate/corrupt. It's a very common problem, and frankly I don't understand why Microsoft still allows this.

This is where you change the profile. Relaunch PS when done, it loads the profile at application startup:

Displayprofile_20_3.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 05, 2021 Mar 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Perfect thank you so much

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 18, 2021 Oct 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks Bud, you're a life saver. Went for days without PS and couldn't finish some homework.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 02, 2021 Jan 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Awesome! Windows Monitor/Color Calibation worked!!!! PWEW!! nTHANKS!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines