• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Blend Photo onto canvas for web banner

Community Beginner ,
Jul 07, 2021 Jul 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a photo taken from an iPhone. The focus object can't be cut out easily. Here's a googled example.

I need to place this onto a banner 1900x400px for example. I either end up with 

1) a photo on with the image center and middle on a gradient or painted background?

2) Photo way out of view/focus due to it's sizing?

What options / ideas are there to do somethin meaningful with this?? 

il_570xN.1883214107_t9q5.jpg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Jul 08, 2021 Jul 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Content-Aware Fill is not likely to create a good background with so little background availabe, so I would recommend searching stock images sites to find »filler material« to extend the image. 

Also a strong »vignette«, effectively painting the sides black, could help. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could I grab the last cm of the image repeat it over and over then blur the image?

or could I blend it out from there to a single colour? But do it so it looked well done?

how would I do that?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

»Could I grab the last cm of the image repeat it over and over then blur the image?«

If you do so I recommend converting the image to a Smart Object and use Filter > Blur Gallery > Field Blur to create a graduated blur. 

Screenshot 2021-07-08 at 15.40.18.png

»or could I blend it out from there to a single colour? But do it so it looked well done?«

A Solid Color Layer with a Layer Mask would be an option for that. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm lacking ideas. Here's an image. What can be be done make this stand out in the size I need? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why didn’t you post the image immediately? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a range of images I can use, as it's my product I sell. This is just one example. I wanted to pick up some ideas on what to do so i could reuse it with others in the future. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With that image filling in the background is not that hard; it is probably too difficult for Content-Aware, though. 

So manual touch-up is likely necessary. 

Edit: 

Screenshot 2021-07-08 at 17.00.36.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That;s flippen amazing. When a look at most of my images, there is space on either side of the centrepeice .

I assume I can do the same with something like this? even though it's not the same simple pattern?

Are you willing to give a quick step by step guide to get me started on this?

211816242_1738542413023326_8955124772851503026_n.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Edit > Content-Aware Fill, some touch-up and Solid Color Layers may work out here.

Screenshot 2021-07-09 at 08.46.08.pngScreenshot 2021-07-09 at 08.46.46.pngScreenshot 2021-07-09 at 08.48.33.pngScreenshot 2021-07-09 at 08.50.18.png 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 09, 2021 Jul 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nice, this is what I have.

I really don't know how you achieved that last step. Can you explain that one?

Sorry I'm very new 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 09, 2021 Jul 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Layer > New Fill Layer > Solid Color 

If it has a Layer Mask fill it with black, otherwise Layer > Layer Mask > Hide All 

Then paint with white to reveal the Solid Color Layer/s at the edges. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines