Brush circle stuck on canvas at certain size

New Here ,
Jul 31, 2022 Jul 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since a few updates of Photoshop CC (I'm currently on 23.4.2 release) I have the problem that, if I choose a  brush size bigger than ~220px that the circle brush shape gets stuck on the canvas and does not move anymore. For every bruch size below these ~220px the cursor works perfectly fine. When I switch to the crosshair cursor (Caps Lock) the crosshair cursor works for all brush sizes. Also the ones bigger than 220px.

I do have a Macbook Pro M1 with MacOS 12.4 (21F79). Anyone has the same problem? I already tried to reset all the preferences, but it didn't help.

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 01, 2022 Aug 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @4371574 sorry to hear this. Testing here and it shows and works as expected.

You mention that for the last few updates this has been an issue?  Have you rolled back three versions to test this?

Let's make sure we're in a default state and there are no stale settings somewhere: 

Restore your preferences using this manual method:  

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/preferences.html#Manually 

Does it work correctly? 

If that doesn't solve it, you can quit Photoshop and put the Settings folder back. 

It may help if we could see your Photoshop System Info. Launch Photoshop, and select Help >System Info...and copy/paste the text in a reply.  

Thank you,

-- Cory

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines