• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Brush Has A Mind of Its Own

Community Beginner ,
Jul 03, 2022 Jul 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently re-installed PS and now when I use the brush tool, it has a mind of its own. If I click and hold on an image with the brush tool, it starts a streak across the image and gets longer as I hold. If I just click and release, it just makes a streak at an angle across the image as if I was holding down the shift key from point to point. Yes, I have already uninstalled it and cleaned the preferences file, and even installed an older version of PS. I have updated windows and updated my graphics card driver. Side Note, the pen and tablet work just fine. This only happens when I use a mouse with the brush tool.

Has anyone else ever experienced anything like this? If so, what did you do to fix it?

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Jul 12, 2022 Jul 12, 2022

While researching this issue, I found that it was a setting I  had made to the high DPI settings. PS apparently doesn't support that. Once I went in and reset it to the default setting, everything was back to normal.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Jul 11, 2022 Jul 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you disconnect your tablet does the issue occur? Unplug the device from your computer - do not just power it off.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 12, 2022 Jul 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

While researching this issue, I found that it was a setting I  had made to the high DPI settings. PS apparently doesn't support that. Once I went in and reset it to the default setting, everything was back to normal.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines