• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Brush list mayhem

Enthusiast ,
Jul 12, 2022 Jul 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Don't know if it's possible. Over the years I've gathered hundreds of brushes, maybe even thousands. Most providers atach their names to them and the list gets longer and longer. How about creating a program of plug-in that would sort and catagorize them automatically so we know what is what. TIA

TOPICS
Actions and scripting , macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you explain what you mean by »what is what«? 

To post a Feature Request please mark a thread as »Idea«. 

featureRequestIdea.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

An AI for that...?
Not everyone would agree with how they are sorted, and you may end up with a ton of wrongly sorted ones, and a huge "misc." folder..
At least you can search for them by name, so you can both change the name or folders they are in to get a system going. You should have started this from the beginning... 😉
I'm not against this, but it just doesn't seem very realistic. It may indeed be better suited to a third party plugin, if possible.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I suspect the OP’s »what is what« might indicate that they expect the Brushes to individually contain information they so far do not (possibly creator, creation date, …) and that might need a pretty complex refurbishing of the file format. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry E1. What I mean for example: I have a lot  of brushes from Phlearns tutorials and they all have the same phlearn name but not what they cover.  I end up opening each one to find the brush I need.  it's not just them. I also have groups of othere vendors. Some brushes I don't load until I need theem and again it's which one has it. There's got to be a better way!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If the creators didn’t name the individual Brushes in a clearly identifyable manner how exactly would you expect a better Brush-organization to help you identify them? 

By which properties would they need to be re-organized? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok maybe I used the wrong term. Maybe change the brush menu. The first column showing the orignal name, the 2nd showing what's in it and a 3 in which shows the brush. Instead of the one vertical list we have now. And if we want the ability to pull the brush or brushes out opf the collection into a new  one.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

And if we want the ability to pull the brush or brushes out opf the collection into a new  one.

What is keeping you from doing that now? 

The first column showing the orignal name, the 2nd showing what's in it and a 3 in which shows the brush. Instead of the one vertical list we have now. 

Maybe you should post a screenshot so people might know what you are talking about. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines