Exit

Brush names too long, how to see them? Hovering not working either

Participant ,
Jul 29, 2022 Jul 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello

PS2021 here.  Catalina 10.15. 

I'm unable to see the last part of the brush's names, for example, to see if it's pressure opacity or size, etc.  Hovering works sometimes (having figured out when it does and when it doesn't), and I was wondering is there is a way to have the name show without having to hover over it. Thanks!

minglessis_1-1659126901182.png

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 29, 2022 Jul 29, 2022

You can increase the size of the previews by using the slider at the bottom of the Brush picker.

bss.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can increase the size of the previews by using the slider at the bottom of the Brush picker.

bss.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A good solution Jeff.  I tend to think that the brush panel search window is under utilized by too many people.  Pressure size or opacity is not a great example of when to use it, as I can't think of a single use of that naming outside the four in the defualt brush group.  Not even in the Kyle Megapack!

image.png

I believe the search window is turned on by default nowadays. (IIRC that was not always the case.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jul 30, 2022 Jul 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Oh my goodness, I had never noticed that slider before, thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines