Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Brush Opacity Wacom

Explorer ,
Oct 07, 2022 Oct 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I love using my wacom to provide more accurate editing; I love I can pess the tabble button and the pen and change size and hardness of brush - move left of right and it inceases and deceases.

Opaciy I need to use the computer keyboard to type in numbers.  Ideally I'd love to be albe to control that from the tablet.  I understand pen sensitivety can do it sort off, but I often use 100% having to press harder than my hand wants. Is their a key stroke I can use with the pen to specify opacity, or the ring? 

If so what is the keystroke please?

Thank you.  I'd love not to need my keyboard 

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Oct 15, 2022 Oct 15, 2022

yes this answeed the quesion, as i was able to set opacity and hardness to the horizontal and vertical, and brush size to the dial, or hardness, which ever I usually change least.

I would be good to attatch all thee to the pen vertecal, hoizonal and diagonal, clealy not happening yet.  

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, normally, by default, Edit>Preferences>Tools>Vary Round Brush Hardness based on HUD vertical movement is checked,

If unchecked, you would vary the opacity instead, but I have to check if it could also work on non-round brushes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

nope that doesn't work. sorry

I am no wild about pessure senstitivity = opacity, a 100 it would hurt your hand, being able to contol it from tablet accurately - like 70 or 80 etc. Brush pressure is not accuate.       

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

using the dial would be good, orr drraging the brush, to a desired level of opaciy 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, When you say "I can press the tablet button and the pen" are you doing the equivalent of an ALT+Right click, and getting the red overlay? If you are using a non-round brush, scrolling up and down varies opacity.

With a round brush, you need to uncheck the preference I listed to adjust transparency with a vertical movement.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

your tick preferences didn't seem to have any impact.  and yes Alt+rih chanes size and hardness - no red

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The red is only there for round brushes. Alt+Right click does change opacity if you uncheck that preference.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry

If I use a brush alt right mouse ... move the pen horizontally changes size, vertically the hardeness.

Or vice versa.

If I uncheck the preferences, you say it can do this for opacity, but how do I change harddness/size if the vertical is unusable.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok so I can have 2 out of 3,

Opacity and brush hardness... but not size

I guess I can change that with the dial.

Thank you 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 15, 2022 Oct 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes this answeed the quesion, as i was able to set opacity and hardness to the horizontal and vertical, and brush size to the dial, or hardness, which ever I usually change least.

I would be good to attatch all thee to the pen vertecal, hoizonal and diagonal, clealy not happening yet.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 17, 2022 Oct 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

A diagonal movement is a combination of a vertical and an horizontal one, not sure how Ps could tell what you want.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines