• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Brush/pencil not working in Photoshop [2012] [CS5]

Community Beginner ,
Nov 07, 2012 Nov 07, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My brush/pencil tool isn't working in Photoshop CS5...when I try and use it it just makes a dot and doesn't allow me to draw a continuous line...

TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 12, 2015 Mar 12, 2015

rossiam wrote:

I may have stumbled upon a solution.I was just fooling around with photoshop when suddenly my brushed tool stopped working.I just so happened to look down at my keyboard and noticed the caps lock button was on.I turned it off and my brush tool started working again.I hope this helps.

Just to clarify that, the annoying Caps Lock gotcha that I think every Photoshop® user falls foul of at least once, only affects the brush cursor (turning it into the cross hairs cursor) touching do

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
New Here ,
Jun 07, 2022 Jun 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

should also mention that the mouse works fine doing all the things

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 12, 2021 Oct 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Brush presets tip shape, unclick dual brush.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 02, 2023 Jun 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just experienced the exact same problem and after trying svereal of the solutions offered below without success, quitting and re-opening Photoshop fixed it. Super annoying. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 26, 2023 Aug 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

my pen quit working for changing tools: brush, lasso, marquee. I tired alla the above with no help. but I figured it out and I forgot to change the pen dos when clickijg. top one was set to eraser, changed it to left click and it is working as it should be. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 26, 2023 Sep 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Set "Mode" to "Normal"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines