• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Brush problems with 23.5.1

Participant ,
Oct 06, 2022 Oct 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having two issues with brushes in 23.5.1 The first is that the brush will often not select unless I go back and forth with other tools first. The second problem is intermittent, I can increase or decrease the size of the brush and even paint with it, however I am not seeing the painting cursor change size so I cannot see what I am doing. A complete shut down of the computer usually helps but I know this shouldn't be happening. Any suggestions to fix this would be appreciated. Thanks.

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Oct 10, 2022 Oct 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Linns2 I see you don't have any replies yet, sorry about that! Are you still having the same issue, or did you find a fix somewhere else? What have you tried so far in terms of troubleshooting? Resetting Preferences usually clears out most problems. Resetting the brush tool can help, too. Other thoughts: is your graphics card driver up to date? Can you provide your system specs? If brushes were working correctly with the previous version, perhaps roll back there for the time being. Let us know what's going on!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Oct 10, 2022 Oct 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you J E L,

I still have the same issues. The difficulty with selecting the brush tool has been a problem for a few versions now. I need to pick other tools first for several tries before I can grab the brush tool. The commands do not seem to  help with this. The second problem of not showing the brush cursor becoming larger or smaller (even though behind the scenes it is doing so), is a newer issue. I have been reluctant to reset the preferences or brush tool because I went through a full reinstall with Adobe several months ago and it was an arduous task putting all the bits and pieces back. Even after the reinstall, it didn't help. I will look into resetting the preferences today. I'm using a MacBook Pro with Monterey 12.6. The Intel HD Graphics 630 is built in and up to date. Thank you for your input and suggestions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 11, 2022 Oct 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see, thanks for that extra information. Please let us know if a preferences reset helps. Also, the integrated card can sometimes cause problems, as Photoshop seems to prefer a dedicated card. Do you have plenty of RAM and free disk space? The minimum requirements are here to check your system against.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi J E L,

I did the preference reset and so far I am happy to say the brush tool is selecting properly so I hope that this problem as well as the other one of the painting cursor visually enlarging are now resolved. Thanks for  suggesting the reset. It wasn't that difficult afterall.

BTW, I do have plenty of RAM and free disk space...

I appreciate your coming back to help. L.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hey, this is great news, and thanks for coming back to let us know. Resetting preferences can be a lifesaver in some cases, and I'm glad to hear that it was for you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines