• English
      • Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers

Brush settings not loading correctly, help?

New Here ,
Aug 15, 2022 Aug 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure how to word a concise title, so sorry for the vagueness on the issue there. 

Last night I purchased and imported a new brush set. I was really enjoying the feel of them, juicy and overall just a positive painting experience. Part way through testing, I switched out to use the general brushes, specifically, hard round pressure size. I found that it had an unknown bubbly jitter and texture to it. When checking brush settings, it had nothing activated which should have cuased this leaving me clueless. Thought it was strange, it wasnt a brush from my new pack and I'd never had this issue before. I changed to any other brush and they all had this additional setting applied to them, regardless if it was a default PS brush or an imported one. I reset the tools, tried out all the "8 common fixes to your brush problems!" to no avail.

This morning after having restarted my pc, that issue is gone but the imported brushes now no longer work. Despite re-importing them and messing with the settings of them in PS, they arent the same brushes anymore. They're the shape of the brush, but all settings wont stay to how they were originally, now just printing the same brush shape repeatedly over and over rather than having any rotational variation or any other setting. I'd have to attempt replicating all the settings which I wouldnt veen begin to know where to start. Tried resetting all tools again, restoring to defaults, I cant seem to get PS to return to how it was and I'm entirely lost on the whole situation. Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 16, 2022 Aug 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The initial issue sounds like you had ether the layer or brush mode set to Dissolve.  That would have gone back to normal when you reset.

It's impossible to say what is going on with the new brush set from what you have told us.

What is the brush set and where did you obtain it?
How did you install it?  That is to say did you double click the .abr file, or did you manually place it in the presets folder?

If you select the brush and right click inside the document area to bring up the brush panel, and then click on the little cog icon in top right corner, is your new brush set listed there?

If yes, delete it from the main panel window, and open it again from the right click panel.

If you are still having a problem, a screen shot of your entire workspace would help. Make full res, and have the brush selected with the layers panel visible.  Also open the main brush settings panel.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines