Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Brush Settings Reset Themselves

Explorer ,
Dec 26, 2019 Dec 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

I'm using a XP-Pen 15.6 with Photoshop, and I'm trying to disable brush opacity based on pen pressure, shown here.

1.PNG2.PNG

However, once I start drawing on the layer, it defaults back to pen pressure. 

I've clicked on the lock icon as well, but that doesn't prevent it from switching back to pen pressure.

3.PNG

Am I doing something wrong? Thank you in advance.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Dec 26, 2019 Dec 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry that the Brush settings in Photoshop keeps resetting itself unexpectedly. Would you mind checking the suggestions offered in this discussion https://feedback.photoshop.com/photoshop_family/topics/photoshop-cc-2019-brush-panel-keeps-resetting and let us know if that helps?

Also, which version of Photoshop are you using and on which operating system?

Thanks,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 07, 2020 Oct 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issue as OP. Anytime I try to change any brush settings it resets.

I did not find an answer in the thread you linked. The post becomes about people losing brushes when they close photoshop, which is not this issue. I am unable to alter any brush settings. 

Operating System: Windows 10 64-bit
Adobe Photoshop Version: 21.2.4 20200922.r.323 2020/09/22: 8e8e91e8543 x64

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 22, 2020 Mar 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it reverts because at the brush toolbar, next to opacity value is the icon "ALWAYS USE PRESSURE FOR OPACITY" or flow or anything, so, you need to set them OFF and the settings in brush panel will work with your settings... it wont revert changes... 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 14, 2022 Apr 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for pointing this out! A real life saver. I attached an image of the button as I took a little while to find it myself 🙂
2022-04-14.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 05, 2022 Sep 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! You'd think those settings might be linked somehow. Like why even have control in the brush settings if it's just going to be overwritten by a different toggle elsewhere? I'm going to assume the size one near the symmetry button behaves similarly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 05, 2024 Jan 05, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have the same issue and this option is ticked off, but it resets all the same. 

Do you guys have another idea of what to do to fix this? This is really preventing me from painting the way that I am used to. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 16, 2022 May 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh my word, THANK YOU!  I have never run into that issue before!  NONE of my brush settings would "stick" when I changed them and it was making me crazy.  You have saved me!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines