• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Brush tool creates white boxes when used

Community Beginner ,
Apr 29, 2023 Apr 29, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The brush tool will randomly create white boxes when used. The boxes will move around and vary in size. The white boxes only seem to appear when the brush is used on certain areas of the canvas, but these areas are completely random. The brush still works, if you save the work even if the white boxes are around, close the image and then open it again then everything that the brush touched has been changed, even if the boxes hid it. Sometimes if you start using the brush without zooming into the image nothing is wrong, but the moment you zoom into the image the white box bug begins.

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , May 01, 2023 May 01, 2023

Hi @nithulanj93380182 

Go to Preferences > Technology Previews... and enable “Older GPU mode (pre 2016)” - Restart Photoshop. Does the problem persist?

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,
May 01, 2023 May 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @nithulanj93380182 

Go to Preferences > Technology Previews... and enable “Older GPU mode (pre 2016)” - Restart Photoshop. Does the problem persist?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 02, 2023 Aug 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

I have the same issue on multiple computers. Your solution does not help to me. 
I have one nVidia 1660Super, one 1070 and one 3070. I tried everything and at least swithc of the whole GPU acceleration works, but it is really uncomfortable.
All computers and drivers are up to date. On two computers are Windows11, one running Windows10. The issue is related to last few versions, when I am trying to work in V23, everything is OK. (until it crashes :))
The issue is more often visible, when you use multiple artboards.
For now I am stick to V23 (which is sadly unstable, but at least fast without distracting white rectangles) and I am hopping it will be fixed soon, as I am not the only one who have this issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 05, 2023 Aug 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there, so when I enable "Older GPU mode" I can no longer rotate my canvas. Is there another way to make the white boxes go away? 

Cheers, 

DB

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 09, 2023 Nov 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It doesn't help at all, enabling "Older GPU mode" makes the lag unbearable. I hope it gets fixed soon. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 11, 2023 Nov 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it does not, sadly

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 11, 2023 Nov 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes, it persist.. nothing helped

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 01, 2023 May 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That fixed it. Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 13, 2023 Oct 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue, ongoing since 2024 release out of beta. Win11 and MacOS.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 25, 2024 Jan 25, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The "solution" didn't work for me, I don't even have the option of enabling "older GPU mode". But what I figured out was that the issue was happening in a file that was created as CMYK and was later converted to RBG. All my other files originally made in RBG did not have this white box problem. Converting the document did not fix the issue, but what solved it was making a new RGB file and dragging all the layers into it. I don't think it has anything to do with GPU. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 06, 2024 Feb 06, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This "correct answer" doesn't help me either and I'm on a PC with the latest version of Photoshop. Disappointing!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 27, 2024 Mar 27, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Strangely hiding most of my layers solved the problem for me but I think it may be a hardrive related issue for me in the long run.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, what does "GPU configuration" say in the help menu?

Not all users are affected, finding the common denominator might help fix the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you using Art Boards?  There appears to be a bug in the implimentation and more than 6 layers.  Here is a link to the issue.

https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop-ecosystem-discussions/artifact-issue-with-gpu-compositing-a... 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 01, 2024 Apr 01, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, what worked for me was disabling artboards. It seems artboards are the issue from my end. Try disabling artboards see if it works. When you create a new canvas just untick the artboards option and see if it works, it did for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 02, 2024 Apr 02, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yep, that did the trick. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines