• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Brush tool issues

Community Beginner ,
Jul 03, 2024 Jul 03, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having problems with the brush tool. When painting on an empty the lair using colour blend mode the colours are not covering the layer underneath. Instead of the selected colour, I pressed the alt key in brush tool to get the eye dropper for colour selection, I get nothing. I'm trying to paint out lens flairs obscuring faces. It will paint the skin colur selected on the new empty layer, but the painted colour I'm adding is not covering the layer beneath. 

Any advice is much appreciated.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I cannot replicate the issue; painting with the Color blend mode on an empty layer above should work as intended. The only exception is if you're painting with the exact same color as the one below, in which case there would be no change or only minimal changes. That's my understanding.

Have you experimented with painting using the Normal blending mode?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you please post screenshots taken at View > 100% with the pertinent Panels (Toolbar, Layers, Options Bar, …) visible? 

Does the Layer have the Blend Mode »Color«? 

If so it would not affect the luminance of the underlying Layers. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 04, 2024 Jul 04, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you know that the Color blend mode has no affect when overlaying full black, or full white.

The demonstration below shows that a mid grey works best.

image.png

The image you included has issues that are not going to be easy to fix. Even an experienced retoucher would struggle to get that image looking good.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 11, 2024 Jul 11, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for all replies. Apologies for my own late response, I was only notified of any replies today!

Anyway this issue appears to be caused by interoperability with other software. I found that creating a stamp layer fixes the issue I experienced.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines