• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Brush turns into eraser photoshop 2021

New Here ,
Jul 27, 2021 Jul 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I'm having issues with my brush tool in Photoshop 2021 and it's getting very annoying now. So im on a layer mask and im trying to paint in black on my layer mask. I set my opacity and my flow settings and I tried painting but it seemed like my brush settings weren't working. I opened my history panel and instead of the brush being used, for some reason my brush kept on switching to the eraser whenever a made a brushstroke. I have the brush tool selected and when I go to make a brushstroke, it says in my history panel that I am instead using the eraser. Is anyone else having this problem? I tried uninstalling Photoshop and re-installing it, shutting down the program and re-opening it and I'm still having the same problem. 

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
New Here ,
Jul 27, 2021 Jul 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screen Shot 2021-07-27 at 8.20.16 PM.png
This is what I'm talking about. Also when I click to make a brush stroke my brush will randomly change sizes. Is this a bug with photoshop or something I set wrong? Cause I don't know anymore. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 28, 2021 Jul 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Reset preferences. Are you using a tablet or a mouse? Your screenshot is not complete-  I can't see the bottom of your history panel nor your layers. 

Melissa Piccone | Adobe Trainer | Online Courses Author | Fine Artist

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 29, 2021 Jul 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I use a tablet on my MacBook Pro. I never had any issues previously with my tablet other than a few days ago. I am using an XP Pen Artist Pro 13.3. I also recently updated my laptop to Big Sur and so that is what I thought he problem was but I uninstalled and re-installed photoshop and have had the same issues. Screen Shot 2021-07-29 at 6.39.23 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines