• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Brushes from CS6 do not appear the same when used in CC

Community Beginner ,
Jan 02, 2023 Jan 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've finally bitten the bullet that so many of us seem to have miserably transitioned to, and I've started using CC. I just upgraded to a new desktop, and have been transferring everything over. I've moved from CS6 to CC in that transition. My old brush set that I created in CS6 did import as an organized folder just fine, but when I try to illustrate with them, they don't appear the same as when I originally downloaded them. Maybe it's that the brush settings didn't carry over? I'm not entirely sure. Do I have to try to figure out how the original presets were set up and redo all of my brushes? They all appear to have generic settings now. They retained their essential shape, but now they all look like solid brushes with a bit of hard fuzz around the edges.

I've always been able to just download the brush and use it as it appears in the adverts for the brush, so I haven't had to go in and really understand how each individual setting tweaks it. I've done a bit of that, but trying to recreate the specific brush that someone else had created and I'd downloaded to use sounds daunting for as many brushes.

Any tips or info on this? I wanted to have a customer service call, but of course I can't find any number for actual customer service. The corporate office and, of course, SALES both have numbers you can access and call readily. But not customer service.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Jan 03, 2023 Jan 03, 2023

Thanks for taking up the issue, but I ended up discovering what the problem was. Sort of, anyway. I know it had something to do with where I was clicking to choose the brushes, and what it was doing was carrying over all the default settings to each brush. I haven't been able to repeat the issue, oddly, but it was the case that if I chose my brush from one panel, it would paint as just the unedited shape of the brush. But then if I chose it from the actual Brushes panel, it would paint with the

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Jan 02, 2023 Jan 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you please post screenshots with the pertinent Panels (Toolbar, Brush Settings [all pertinet parts], Options Bar, …) visible? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 03, 2023 Jan 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for taking up the issue, but I ended up discovering what the problem was. Sort of, anyway. I know it had something to do with where I was clicking to choose the brushes, and what it was doing was carrying over all the default settings to each brush. I haven't been able to repeat the issue, oddly, but it was the case that if I chose my brush from one panel, it would paint as just the unedited shape of the brush. But then if I chose it from the actual Brushes panel, it would paint with the presets proper.

It may have been after I truly imported the brushes. They were there before I imported them, but it wasn't until after I physically chose to import them and selecting them from their preset folder that they started functioning properly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could it be you used the Brush Settings Panel instead of the Brushes Panel? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yep, I just tested it. I chose the standard hard round brush from the Brushes panel, then tried to choose a different brush in the Brush Settings menu, and sure enough, it carried over the brush settings from the hard round brush.

I don't know how I've got this long not figuring that distinction out, but now I know. I've run into that problem before and managed to stumble my way back to normal, but now I've got a functional knowledge. Thanks for the help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines