• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Brushsize value change to much in micromovement

Aug 21, 2022 Aug 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

i use a Wacom pen and want to change the brush-size with the shortcut control + alt + rightmousebutton (PC), cause it feels more natural and better. But its enough to make a micromovement with the pen and the value jumps from 10 to 14 for example. Especially on smal values. On bigger diameter, its ok, but if i work on smal diameters, its to fast.

So, the mouse or pen-movement should be adaptiv in relation to the diameter. On small diameter, it would be nice, if i have to move the mouse more, to to get from diameter 10 to 14. The greater the diameter gets, the movemet of the mouse should be less in comparison.

This means, if i am drawing and work between 10 - 20 px diameter, i have to be very precise with the micro-movement, why i slow down, cause the value jumps fast. To stay fast here, the movement should be longer for chaning the diameter in low values.

Is here any solution?

TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, I did not understand one thing. Do you use a Pen Pressure to control the brush size? May it be that this way is more convenient?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I could, but varying the pen-pressure to adjust between 10 - 20 px diameter is hard to do, to control it precise, which adds also variations, cause its an organic input. For certain cases its better to use pen-pressure, but not in other.

I wanna use in my case different diameter fixed for different construction layers and also for practise line-drawing. The less diameter, the more motoric skill is needed to get smooth lines freehand.

For example, i make a construction with low opacity and higher diameter on the base layer for a blueprint and on top of that, i go with higher opacity and lower diameter, where the base layer helps as orientation, to get better lines/construction on the second layer.
So, i can stay with my natural pressure intensity, where i draw best. To less pressue i loose resistence and the glas on the surface of my tablet gets to smooth. The more pressure, the more friction, where i get less micromovement-control.

So, like i said, i dont like the pressure dynamic on some cases, especially for construction through different layers, where prior layers are used to build up from.

Many software have the possibility to change value increament/decreament slower or faster, if you press also the shift-button as an example.
But on Photoshop, the increment sensitivity stay the same and dont adapt relative to the diameter of the brush size, which slows down the workflow.

Till now, i still press right-mouse-button and control it over the pop up, where the increment is not so extrem sensitiv, like i have with the shortcut alt - controll - rightmousebutton.

So, its faster access with the shortcut, but to sensitive control on low diameter.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines