Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

[Bug?] How to use the Tab key in forms

Participant ,
Oct 18, 2014 Oct 18, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ahoy!

The latest release of Photoshop has "broken" the native behavior of the Tab key in html panels. I'm not sure if this is a bug or just a new API I need to incorporate.

Expected behavior:

1. Focus into text field in a form

2. Hit the Tab key

3. The next field is focused.

Actual behavior

1. Focus into text field in a form

2. Hit the Tab key

3. Photoshop hides the application UI (Photoshop hotkey tab behavior).

Anyone happen to know if there's something that can be done about this?

TOPICS
SDK

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Oct 20, 2014 Oct 20, 2014

Hi Cameron,

Yes, sorry, this issue was introduced by an ill-advised change done for the InDesign team in order to handle the way extensions panels handle focus. The team is working on a fix.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 20, 2014 Oct 20, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Cameron,

Yes, sorry, this issue was introduced by an ill-advised change done for the InDesign team in order to handle the way extensions panels handle focus. The team is working on a fix.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Oct 20, 2014 Oct 20, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Awesome, thanks, Jeff!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 11, 2014 Nov 11, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bug is very annoying for our users when they try to input their usernames and passwords to login (often) and also when they're filling out a large form with four fields in it.

Hope it is fixed soon or a work around provided.

Tom Wrenn

Frontend Engineer

CreativeWorx

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Dec 28, 2014 Dec 28, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Checking in. I noticed there are new updates available today but the issue persists.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 28, 2014 Dec 28, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Cameron, sorry, the bug fix is coming from a core CC team so it's taken a bit longer than we'd like. The integration should be in the very next update. I don't have an ETA at the moment that I can share publicly. Are you still in the beta? I can probably give you a better idea after the 1st of the year.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Dec 29, 2014 Dec 29, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jeff,

Thanks for the update! I am still a part of the Photoshop prerelease. I managed to turn off my notifications somehow so I kind of forgot about it >.<

Should I mention this issue there?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 29, 2014 Dec 29, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sure. The bug is known/logged/fixed and marked for integration. Ask Tai or Tom what the status is of the integration on the Photoshop side..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 08, 2015 Apr 08, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,
Three months later and the issue still persists. Can you give an ETA on the fix?

thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Apr 25, 2015 Apr 25, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It looks as though this has been fixed in the next major release.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 29, 2015 Apr 29, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

by "next major release" do you mean next photoshop version?

or next patch?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 25, 2016 Feb 25, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

JeffreyTranberry‌ I'm having a related issue with a dialog in a JSX script. Previous to the latest UI changes I could use the tab key to get into the select box and make a selection by typing the first letter and or using the up down keys.

photoshop-script-send-to-group/Send to Group.jsx at master · christianmagill/photoshop-script-send-t...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines