• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Bug in PS where clicking shape tool fill vertically scales down a shape...

New Here ,
Sep 13, 2021 Sep 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Today I have a two-fer for the devs...

Bug #1:

I'm getting a weird bug in Photoshop where if I copy a shape and then try to change that copied shapes fill settings to anything other than gradient, it scales the shape down vertically by approximately one pixel. I reinstalled the latest Photoshop CC version (even deleting some of my precious settings in the process) and the bug persists. 

Bug #2:

When I am typing in a space that allows text (i.e. opacity, line size, or anywhere that allows you to type a specific value) and suddenly I press backspace to either correct a mistakenly entered value or change a value, it just deletes the layer instead of just working like a normal backspace.

I've never had these issues with Photoshop before and they both are happening on a FRESH install with no settings or anything. Is anyone else experiencing this in version 22.5 (Windows 10)?

I'm really upset because now instead of having a productive day of work, I instead have to type out this stupid bug report...Adobe, maybe it's time to rewrite your acient ass code that's full of bugs? 😡 P.S. For the love of Christ don't insult me by asking me to reset my preferences... 

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 15, 2021 Nov 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update to the current version. The issue with the delete key deleting the layer was fixed. Let us know if you still have a problem with the shape tool. If you do, please share a PSD along with steps to repro so we can try and troubleshoot.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 18, 2021 Nov 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jeffrey,

Bug #2 from my past has been resolved yes, but Bug #1 comes and goes as it pleases still. Very strange.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Nov 18, 2021 Nov 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

do you maybe have snap to grid active?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 23, 2022 Feb 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been experiencing the same 1px scale issue when filling a shape.

I also have been experiencing this:

I've thought this was random as it only happens after a while of editing, and not every time, but now that op mentioned the 1px scale issue happens after copy/paste a shape, it might have to do with that, and/or the usage of animation tools?

It sometimes scales the whole image (everythig that's shown) be it selected or not, but usually only selected layers.

The scale is not always the same, sometimes it scales the shapes bigger, sometimes smaller and different amounts.

Sometimes it also seems to "cut" a rectangle piece off from the middle, which I didn't realize to take a screenshot but will add if that happens again; it looks like it's just slowly updating the image but when you drag that rectangle, the shapes inside it move really weirdly, like mirrored from every angle, can't even explain... That has happened twice so far.

I will provide more info when I can get my head around this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 13, 2023 Apr 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Was a solution to Bug 1 ever found, it is slowing my work down a lot.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you please post screenshots with the pertinent Panels (Toolbar, Layers, Paths, Options Bar, …) and taken at View > 100% visible to illustrate the steps? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

paolor94677584_0-1681386743835.png

I select the shape, go to change the Fill, but instead it scales the shape down

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please post meaningful, complete screenshots that demonstrate the steps instead of disconnected snippets. 

Can you reliably replicate the issue? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is an actual video, above, showing the same exact issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I cannot reproduce the issue. 

Are you also working on a Frame Animation? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you provide a file where the issue arises for you (minus all the other Layers if you prefer)? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The issue comes and goes, I will try and reproduce it this weekend, as I can not share work files. I still do not know what causes the issue. I am working on a normal PSD file, without any Frame animations involved.

If I do click on the Icon of the Shape inside the Layers window, I can then change the color as intended. 

Thanks, again, I will try and reproduce the issue these days and post files or video here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 20, 2023 Apr 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey @c.pfaffenbichler , I posed a reply in another thread specifically about this issue with steps to recreate it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep, that reproduced the issue, I do have dual monitors, different refresh rates and resolution.

Did it on a newly installed PS.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I see the issue is »Acknowledged« – so hopefully your persistence can contribute to a solution being found. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines