• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Bug – Photoshop v22.5 shuts down on save (psd with linked files)

New Here ,
Aug 23, 2021 Aug 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Need urgent help! My team and I use a remote server for file storage, we all connect to this server and work with the files directly on it.

Since the 22.5 update to Photoshop, a critical error occurs everytime we try to save a .psd file that includes a Linked File within it – as soon as you hit "save" the program crashes (and no save or recovery files are created) – I replicated the process using files on my iMac harddrive and no error occurs so this appears to be exclusive to working with files on a server (I haven't yet tested it using an EHD tethered via USB ports but imagine it's also fine otherwise this update never would've made it out of testing).

I must've sent about twenty error reports for this already three days ago, but no patch yet. Please can this be looked into and fixed urgently.

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is an issue with the newer Mac OS and external servers/drives. We have the same issue here. Saving directly to a non-Mac formatted server causes issues. 

Unfortunately Adobe's official stance on this is to not save directly from the app to a server (unreasonable I know) but to save local then copy over to the server. 

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/networks-removable-media-photoshop.html 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for responding!

The problem has only started since the v22.5 update last week and it's specific to .psd files with Linked Files present in them – surely that's a bug that's slipped by the update's testing rather than something terminal for our working set-up?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines