Welcome Dialog

Welcome to the Community!

We have a brand new look! Take a tour with us and explore the latest updates on Adobe Support Community.

Bugs making PS completely unusable

New Here ,
Sep 01, 2021 Sep 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm a rank beginner, taking an online Photoshop course. All was going well, but starting last night it's been getting increasingly buggy. First, the enter key no longer worked to set changes. Now when I try to crop and then move an image, PS completely freezes up. Won't even close. The only way to budge it is to restart my whole computer, which I have done five times already this morning. I run Windows 10. I'm not sure which version of the app this is. I just purchased the Creative Commons pack a few days ago, and downloaded Photoshop from there. Help!

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not sure which version of the app this is.

Use Help > About to check and let us know

I just purchased the Creative Commons pack 

No such pack from Adobe.

Creative Cloud All Apps ($50/month or so?) 

Photographer Plan ($10/month or so?)

Something else?

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, of course -- I meant Creative Cloud. My frustration was clouding my brain. I did get hold of support staff, and it turns out that my graphics card is not powerful enough. He helped me download an earlier, more stable version. I will be upgrading my graphics card.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try trashing your Photoshop preferences. Press and hold Alt+Control+Shift (Windows) or Option+Command+Shift (Mac OS) immediately after launching Photoshop. You will be prompted to delete the current settings.

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management" (pluralsight.com)

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for the suggestions. I did get hold of support staff, and it turns out that my graphics card is not powerful enough. He helped me download an earlier, more stable version. I will be upgrading my graphics card.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines